When you or a loved one experiences a medical emergency, the Howard R. Gudelsky Emergency Department (ED) is close to you and provides fast emergent-urgent or non-urgent care. Our 41-bed Emergency Department is staffed 24 hours a day by physicians and nurses who are trained to care for a wide range of emergency health concerns that affect people of all ages - from mild to life-threatening conditions.
Pediatric Emergency Center
Our dedicated Pediatric Center inpatient and outpatient care unit provides each child with the highest-quality care in a warm, nurturing environment. The center treats all pediatric needs - from emergency visits to short-term observations. The center's operation includes additional safety and security protocols to protect patients and families. Learn more about the Pediatric Emergency Center.
- Board Certified Pediatricians on staff 24/7.
- Separate, family friendly waiting area including toys and games.
- 8 private Pediatric rooms all with flat screen TVs and access to kid friendly amenities such as mobile DVD and PlayStations.
- Emergency inpatient and outpatient services available.
- Several operation systems in place to help with quick access to care/evaluation such as Nurse First and ESTART.
- Interpreter phones in all rooms for those patients with English language barriers.
- All RNs are specially trained in pediatric care and deeply involved in assessing new technology & treatment to continually improve quality of care provided to their patients.
- MedStar Montgomery Medical Center supports a "Patient First" model and gold standard of care.
Medical Minute: Listen to Dr. Jeremy Graf discuss flu symptoms and how to prevent the flu.
Our Emergency Department is located at 18101 Prince Philip Drive, Olney, MD 20832.
The entrance to the Emergency Department is located to the left of the main entrance when you face the main building.
Emergency Medical Team
Our physicians and nurses are experts in the rapid assessment, diagnosis and treatment of injuries and illnesses. Using the latest in life-saving technology and procedures, our staff is always prepared to quickly meet the medical needs of every patient who comes through our doors. It's one more way we're committed to the health and well being of those in our community. Learn more about our Emergency Medical Team.
Our goal is to provide patients who are experiencing a sudden illness or injury with swift, compassionate care in a professional and efficient environment. Our dedication to providing exceptional emergency care leads to high satisfaction among our patients.